August 16, 2010

29'er ready to roll at Fools Gold this weekend

Here's my JAMIS DRAGON 29 that I will ride in this weekends Fools Gold 50 miler in the mountains of North Georgia. The event has a lot of gravel roads, techy singletrack and over 7,000 feet of climbing. I hope to make it in somewhere in the 6 hour range. Last year I finished in about 7 1/2 hours, including a major melt down with about 7 miles to go, I was so "popped" that I had to sit for awhile, it was probably 20-30 minutes. Last year it was also the week after my little brother had emergency open heart surgery (heart disease runs in our family), so I kept thinking that I was "having the big one" of a heart attack when I was really pushing it. But, that wasn't the case, I had a full physical a week after the race and everything checked out great. So, for this year the plan is to just stay steady, and stay out of the red zone. Cross your fingers and say a prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment